From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 10:40:00 -0400
On Mon, 10 Jul 1995, Bill Fenwick wrote:
> Two finalists will be interviewing this week for the Cornell men's head
> hockey coach position.  They are:  Bill Beaney, currently head hockey
> (and golf) coach at Div. III champ Middlebury;

  I'm very happy to see Bill B. under consideration for a DivI coaching
opportunity, as he's been very successful at DivIII Middlebury imparting
some of the coaching wisdom he picked up as a player under Charlie Holt
at UNH in the early 1970s, and no one's more deserving of a shot at the
Big Time.  I'm just glad he's not on the short list for a HEA team; the
mixed feelings I have when UNH plays UMass-Lowell - coached by ex-UNH/Holt
disciple Bruce Crowder - is bad enough :-)

> and Mike Schafer, formerly a Cornell assistant and currently associate
> hockey coach at Western Michigan.

  Is there a timetable in place for when a final decision will be pub-
lically announced ??

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim