From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 13:10:43 EDT
Last week, April 27, marked the 5th birthday for HOCKEY-L at Maine, a
list that grew out of "[log in to unmask]" by Mike Machnik.
I'll declare that the first HOCKEY-L official posting was made that day
by Keith Instone, "The NEW College Hockey Computer Ranking"!  :-)

The HOCKEY3 3rd birthday is coming right up also.  I have a note that
HOCKEY3 was started on May 7th, 1992, but the announcement of it (on
HOCKEY-L) wasn't until May 8th.  One might say that the 1st official
posting honor on HOCKEY3 should be split between Pete Kester (the list
administrator) and Heather Neely (now Heather Machnik, the list
instigator/creator) on May 13, 1992.

Happy Birthday HOCKEY-L and HOCKEY3!

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

LISTSERV Gem: Signing off the mailing list.  (SIGNOFF)
  If you are leaving for vacation and wish to stop receiving HOCKEY-L
mail for that time, or are signing off of HOCKEY-L for the off-season,
send this command to the e-mail address "[log in to unmask]":
        SIGNOFF HOCKEY-L
For more information, send the command HELP to [log in to unmask]