From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 14:39:48 EDT
Tom -

Others on the list probably will be able to give you better specifics, but
Tom Glavine didn't go to college.  After an outstanding hockey and
baseball career at Billerica (MA) high, he came THIS CLOSE to playing
hockey at Lowell.  (I think he was also drafted by the LA Kings while in
high school).  If I remember the story correctly, he was actually sitting
down getting ready to call (then Lowell coach) Bill Riley to tell him he
was coming when the Braves organization made him their offer.  The rest,
obviously, is history, but seeing as he would've been on a Lowell team
with Jon Morris and company, I can only wonder what sort of damage that
team would've done to Hockey East.

   - Steve

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:Tom Fortier <[log in to unmask]>
         OK, now I know this doesn't sound like hockey stuff, but I was
forced
into this by my roommate.  He was wondering if anyone on this list would
know
if Tom Glavine, star pitcher of the Atlanta Braves, went to school
somewhere
in New England.  If he did, where did he go, and did he also play hockey?
 For
some reason, my roommate believes he went to college in New England
somewhere,
and that he also played college hockey.  If anyone would have this
information
on Tom Glavine, it would be greatly appreciated if you could reply to me
and
let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Tom Fortier
BU '97