From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 21:15:42 -0400
>I take his to mean that Shawn Walsh applied to OSU for the head
>coaching job, probably before the NCAA Championship weekend in
>Providence.  Yet in the _Maine Sunday Telegram_  on 2 April, in
>regards to whether he'll return next year with the NCAA investigation
>pending, he is quoted as saying, "Absolutely.  I love our
>recruiting class and I can't wait to get going again."

One of the "top" three said he did not want the job, so I'm not convinced
that everyone applied.  Why would one of those coaches apply if he didn't
want the job anyways?  I'm not sure of any of the circumstances, but it
seems every year rumors surface about Walsh's future.

If he did in fact apply, or does take the job I will be the first one to
call him "two-faced".  Not every Maine fan looks through Blue glasses
regarding every issue.  I did read the article written by the Maine writer
calling Joubert two-faced, but Walsh would be far more two-faced if this
proves true than Joubert ever could have been.

I'd be interested to hear Walsh (if anyone has seen a newspaper report on
this one or has talked to him, please post) on this one.  While I don't
forsee him going to OSU, I don't think he'd have enough "clout" in the
athletic department there for his liking.  (that is my opinion by the way)

---
Deron  [log in to unmask]
University of Maine 1995 National Runners-up
HOCKEY EAST, the top Class of the Nation

"Pro hockey isn't this much fun.  It can't be."
          -Chris Imes after Maine's 4-3 triple
           OT Win over Michigan in the 1995
           NCAA Semi-finals.
---