Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 15:40:48 EST
Helga Dimitrov wrote:

> What's surprising is how quickly the program Ceglarski (SP?) had built
> crashed almost overnight.

I've often wondered what happened to the BC program.  Ceglarski's last year,
as I recall, was his first losing season in many many years.  It was kind of
disappointing to see such a great coach leave on a losing note.  And the fall
from the top of Hockey East was *very* abrupt.  (By top, I mean top few, not
necessarily #1).  But what happened?  The slide began with Ceglarski at the
helm, continued under Cedorchuck, and the program still hasn't shown many
signs of life this year.  (I know, it's only been a year with York, and not
a full year at that considering the pre-season events).  Does anyone have any
insight on why the bottom fell out of the BC program?  Did Coach Ceglarksi
see what was on the horizon?  And if he did, did that influence his timing on
calling it quits?

 Howard M. Quimby - D/471  NAS Structures     _/  _/     [log in to unmask]
 General Dynamics, Electric Boat Division    _/_ _/        [log in to unmask]
 75 Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT  06340   _/  _/           (203) 433-3465