From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 01:11:56 -0500
The following is purely my opinion.  I do believe in reporting the games as
accurately as possible, and I think anyone who reads my game reports can
attest to this.  Usually, the things other teams do don't bother me, but
tonight was a different story.

Greg Bullock, who leads Hockey East in scoring, is already talking about
going pro next year, but if he doesn't straighten himself out, he's gonna
end up in the hosipital before he gets to the regular season.  For a player
with so much talent, he sure is a jerk.  I'm not looking to put the guy
down, the numbers speak for themselves and he is a great hockey player, but
he is also very cheap and arrogant as well.  He spent all night tonight
jawing with the Maine players, who didn't pay much attention to him, but
their were countless times after plays when he continued to jab Maine
players in the ribs after the whistle, and the thing that really blew my
mind, is there was a penalty called, in what should have been a major for
boarding, but neverless was a penalty, and Bullock was congradulating his
teammate after the play.  The play was bonehead, and it was just plain bad
for hockey.
That leads me into my next point.  It is no wonder now to me why Lowell is
struggling, and it's not Bruce Crowder's fault.  Greg Bullock is a leader on
that team, and tonight I saw exactly what kind of leader he is.  He does
things HIS way.  Crowder has put him on the third line, even benched him at
times this year, because he doesn't listen.  He is very difficult to coach,
and then he gets on the ice and plays with a major chip on his shoulder.
Lowell as a team has almost adopted Bullock's chippiness, and tonight they
were made to pay for it.  It seems ludicrous to say, but in some ways
Bullock doesn't help this team much at all.  Tonight he had more penalties
than points.
I'll be honest, I haven't seen enough of Lowell to know that it's like this
all the time, but tonight anyways, to me, it showed me that Greg Bullock is
not ready to play pro hockey, not that he doesn't have the skill but he
doesn't have the maturity and disipline to play it yet.  I don't remember
who it was, either Matt Bourque or Joe Carr who mentioned what might happen
to Bullock when he loses the face shield, and when fighting does not carry a
DQ.  I'd say if he went like he is right now, he's in the hospital before
the regular season.

Deron  Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
The University of Maine (23-2-6)  GO BLUE!!