From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 08:51:24 -0500
Karen Ambrose wrote:

>This brings back fond memories of Greg's and my first post-graduation road
>trip to Union and RPI during the '76-'77 season.  We played Union on Friday
>night and lost 8-4, in a game dominated by the officiating of the one and
>only Giles Threadgold.

Thanks to Karen for answering something that has bothered me every time
someone has mentioned bad officiating (which happens quite often :-) ).
I kept trying to remember Threadgold's name but couldn't.  Somehow he
always seemed to have an undue influence on the games that he reffed.
It seemed like in some games he called all the penalties and offsides
against RPI and sometimes all of them in RPI's favor (although the
latter case seemed to be less frequent).  I assume that he is long gone
from the eastern college hockey scene.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74