From:
John Deetjen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Deetjen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 20:08:42 EST
It is my understanding that Jeff Tory is not eligible for Rookie of the Year,
mainly because he played three games last year. Since he has already used up
a year of playing eligibility with those three games last year, even though
they were taken out of the schedule as forfeits, my assumption is that Tory
is not eligible for the honor. I could be wrong, but the NCAA has him listed
as a junior in terms of athletic eligibility, due to his playing of three
games in a season, whether eligible to play or not (NCAA rules are unclear,
and it takes a rocket scientist to figure them out, and the reasons why they
are enforced the way they are).
If I'm wrong, let me know. Otherwise, I hope that explains it.
Till later,
John