From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 08:52:00 EST
The first ever (to my knowledge) Hockey-L Great Lakes Invitational
gathering produced ten H-Lers and a couple of miscellaneous
relatives.  The H-Lers included (sincere apologies for any omissions
or spelling errors):

  Paulette Dwen [Cornell]
  John Haeussler [Michigan]
  Diane Hatfield [Michigan]
  Glen Keeney [Michigan State]
  Garrett Lanzy [Michigan Tech]
  Bill McNitt [Michigan]
  Arthur Mintz [Cornell]
  Steve Moreland [Michigan State]
  Deb Perry [Michigan]
  Brian Roberts [Michigan]

Bill only made a brief appearance, but he was adorned with the
lone Hockey-L sweatshirt in the group.

Arthur had the question of the night, wondering just how bad MTU
backup netminder Pete Hamilton is.  (Coach Bob Mancini stayed
with Luciano Caravaggio, who allowed all 13 Michigan goals.)

It was also noted that five MTU players had been suspended
(reason unknown) for the first game.  I checked the tape of the
game at home and PASS/Prime mentioned that seven MTU
players were suspended...again with no reason given.  If anyone
has more info on this, please pass is along.

Admittedly, I wimped out and left the Cornell-Michigan State game
midway through the second period.  I made it home in time to see
the final five minutes on TV, from what looked to be a physical,
penalty-filled affair.

Tonight...Cornell and Michigan Tech faceoff at 5:00 PM followed
by Michigan and Michigan State in the 30th GLI final (which happens
to be a rematch of the 29th GLI final).

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan
HB to BH...it's gonna happen