From:
Trevor D Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor D Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 08:49:39 -0500
First I'll apologize that our State News didn't publish who the CCHA offensive
player of the week was, but for the second week in a row, Michigan State
goalie, Mike Buzak, was named the CCHA defensive player of the week.  Last week
he stopped 72 of 76 shots and has an incredible 1.62 goals against average.  He
has a chance to tie the all-time CCHA record of three consecutive weeks which
is held by Ohio State goaltender Mike Blake (I bet the Bucks wish they had him
now) in the '80-'81 season.  Buzak should be tested this Friday as Michigan
State plays the defending national champions, Lake Superior State.  The game is
of course sold out, but will be shown on the Prime network as their game of the
week.  MSU will appear on Prime 5 times this season.
    Let's hope MSU's scoring arsenal finally shows up so Buzak doesn't have to
win every game.....

Trevor Barnes [log in to unmask]
GO GREEN!