From:
James Old <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Old <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 23:31:34 EST
>The 11 pm news said that the "board" has recommended that ice hockey be droped.
>It isn't etched in stone, but it didn't sound good.

Hmmm.  If this really happens, wouldn't it likely significantly improve
Fairbank's chances of getting accepted by the CCHA.

I know that you don't have much info yet, but it would be interesting to know
why the board wants to do this.  Is it purely a financial situation, a gender
equity question, or some other consideration?  I remember hearing that the team
was more or less in open rebellion against the coach at the end of the season.
Has there been anymore developments on that issue?

James Old
U. of Notre Dame