From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 13:30:11 EST
As a followup to my brief babble about the "separation" between West
hockey and East hockey, I has another thought.

Certainly more "intra-regional" games would help promote the support
(assuming the TV coverage continues to expand), but we could also do away
with the silly way All-American status is given out.  A West team and an
East team?  Come on!  This dilutes the honor of being All-American
infinitely.  There should be a first team and a second team.  If the
voters continue their weak excuse that they don't get to see players from
the other region play, that's there own damn fault.  Do your homework,
boys, or we'll give your voting priviledges to someone else!!!!

More intra-regional games might also make seeding the tournament a little
easier (if in fact the committee ever decides to use logic and not some
stupid computer program [God, that was hard to say, especially being a
Software Engineer!])

Has anyone else hear rumours about a group of the more superior Div II and
III schools stepping up and starting a fifth Div I conference?

     - Steve

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
University of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          Roloson for Hobey!!!!!!