Sender:
From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 17:08:05 CST
In the Div. I basketball tournament, the NC$$ has vacated the
 participation of 30 teams. The first was St.Joseph (Pa.),
which won the third-place game in 1961. The most recent
 victims (well, *they* screwed up, so who's the real victim?)
 were Florida, Kentucky, NC State and Maryland, which were
all nailed in 1988.  Two runner-ups have been vacated, but
the more trivial I get, the less relevant to hockey-l it becomes.

just FYI.

ALSO...thanks to John H for pointing out to me that Jim Slazyk
 of the ECHL, who I could have *sworn* ESPN said had the
 GWG in the "Huntsville Brawl" game, is in fact a goalie. They
DID mention his name; of that I'm positive. What noteworthy
thing(s) he did in said game is uncertain. Hey, it was early,
and I was ironing a shirt and fuming over the Beanpot.

GS