Sender:
From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 13:36:34 -0500
I wish to congratulate HE for finally making a decision on the Maine-PC
situation (whether right or wrong in some eyes).  The timing of it for
them couldn't have been better, since it simply switched Maine and PC in
the standings, such that that affects no one else's position in the conference.
And, at the moment, since 3 plays 6 in the playoffs anyway, they'd be playing
each other.  Now, later in the season, when the numbers begin to change, then
some people may have some legitimate gripes.  (And, fortunately, I'll be
about 1000 miles away, so I'll only have to read the E-mailed ones. (-:
[I got tired of lying on my right side, so I switched.])

Thanks to John for posting the MSU stats.  If you realize that Carter, Harper,
and Guolla all play on the same line (Wexford), then you can see what troubles
we've been having.  NOBODY ELSE IS SCORING!!!  (Save Rem Murray, whose on the
first power play unit with, you guessed it, Carter and Guolla.)  I wish (and
this is no slight, John) that you would have put up the +/- ratios, so that
the rest of the nation can see how, usually unless the Wexford line is on the
ice, we are somewhat of a mediocre team.  For example, Steve Suk, who centers
the second line with Burkett and either Tuzzolino or Wiegand, has a +/- ratio
right around the freezing point (Celsius).  Both Carter and Guolla (and pro-
bably Harper, but don't quote me) are near +15.  For a team that has aspirationsof contending for the NC$$ title, they need to have others step up besides the
Wexford line.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?

P. S.  To clear up the Great Mystery (or Good Mystery, or Who Really Gives a
        S--- Mystery), the G. M. stands for Gary Marshall (until April, of
        course, when Fantasy Baseball starts, then it's General Manager).  I've
        found it useful on occasion to use only my initials, especially when
        writing letters to the editor, since I tend to write on certain topics
        where a male opinion is considered non grata.  (And, even some times
        when I write hockey opinions, they're non grata.  Just ask some of my
        loyal fans in Ann Arbor. :-) [I switched back.  It hurts lying on my
        left side.])