Sender:
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1993 11:55:01 EST
I feel women athletes deserve to be treated better by Athletic
Departments.  I am not crazy about courts deciding which programs
a school has to offer.  However, it is just over ten years since
Title IX mandated more equality for women.  In that time not enough
has been done.  We should be giving male and female athletes a fair
chance.  There comes a time in social issues when the tough way
should be followed.

I would add, I believe many high profile men's sports could scale
back their programs without it effecting their performace.  I find
it logical that if a school has an ice rink, operating two teams on
a closer footing offers more buying power, and a better opportunity
for everyone.

merci

Richard