Sender:
From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1993 08:41:45 EDT
I wish someone could explain to me how the NC$$ picks the sites for the semis
and finals.  Are there actually criteria?  Do political connections carry any
weight?  And who are the guys who actually pick the sites anyway?  Various
posters have commented that some officials at the various sites knew well in
advance what the picks would be.

Being an Easterner I have great difficulty understanding why there only seems
to be three sites available in the West: Joe Louis, St. Paul and sometimes
Bradley.  Isn't there another possible venue which has a couple of BIG arenas--
Chicago?  Or are the selections the result of these three sites being the only
ones which ever bid for hockey.  (Any insights Mark?)

And in light of the apparent vigorous competition for the Phinal Phour, how did
Cincinatti ever land the 1996 tournament?  Has there ever been a college hockey
game at Riverfront, or whatever name it is?  The only hockey I can remember
at Cincinatti was the old Cincinatti Stingers of the WHA, and I think they only
lasted one season.  Please, I'm not flaming Ohio.  Just another NC$$ puzzle--
at least to me anyway.

Oh well.  I'm probably suffering from sour grapes--at this rate Albany might
host the finals in 2001--somehow that seems fitting.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY