Sender:
From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1993 17:25:21 GMT
There has been an unexpected twist to the RPI Invitational.
One team has decided to pull out of the tournament!

This team is UMass-Lowell.  Apparently, UMass-Lowell, wanted to
play a Division I opponent in the Invitational, so RPI matched
them up with Army.  Now UMass-Lowell has pulled out citing that
they were only going to play if they were given a Division I
CONFERENCE opponent, meaning, WCHA, CCHA, ECAC, HE school.

So now, a 4th team is needed for the tournament, which was
lackluster to begin with, and should be even more so with a
replacement at the last minute.

My best guess at this moment is a Canadian school, but there are
possibilities of another D I school coming now. We'll have to wait
and see.

*  Jayson Moy                   *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer *
*  [log in to unmask]                 *  Hockey on 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy             *
*                               *  And Rensselaer Baseball now too!!!       *
*                               *  Coming this Fall, Rensselaer Football!!  *