Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1992 12:22:26 EDT
Joe Falls' Sunday Best column in the Detroit News opened yesterday with
the following line:

  THE ST. LOUIS BLUES HAVE A NEW GOALIE NAMED PARRIS DUFFUS.

For those fortunate enough not to count the News as your local paper,
the column appears every Sunday as is filled with short comments and
quotes from around the sporting world --- and is intended to be humerous.
I guess Parris has had to deal with people making fun of his name before,
so he should be used to it by now.

Other blurbs from yesterday's column:

  IT COST THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA $572,000 TO BUILD ITS FOOTBALL
STADIUM IN 1924.  MEMORIAL STADIUM IS NOW BEING DEMOLISHED AT A COST
OF $568,000.

  TENNIS MAGAZINE POLLED 4,000 OF ITS READERS ON WHO WOULD WIN A MATCH
BETWEEN JIMMY CONNORS AND MONICA SELES AND 53 PERCENT RESPONDED: "WHO
CARES?"

This is what I wake up to every Sunday.  C-YA.

John H