From:
Paul Marchant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Marchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1993 16:13:05 EDT
While not being a pure Laker fan, I was cheering them on.

Dave asks if there were any other fans who thought the crossbar shot
was actually a goal. Well, I did. I replayed that sequence of events in
slow motion (what patience that guy had with the puck), and it did not
appear to be a normal crossbar shot (didn't come right out). But it was
extremely hard to determine if it actually went up into the netting and came
back down.

I'd say it was a non-goal, since it's not obvious that it was a goal. I hope
that we don't get to the point of instant replay in college hockey.

If you have the game on tape, watch the play in super slow motion. You'll
enjoy it.

Paul