From:
Eric Maiwald USA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1993 08:41:00 EDT
Gasp, Gasp, boy that was a close call!  I almost did not read Dave's followup
message fast enough.  The old (?) ticker just can't handle shocks like that!

Dave is right that both Joe Juneau and Adam Oates played for the 1985 RPI NC$$
Championship team.  Adam left following the victory to seek his fortune
before his value dropped.  Darren Puppa did the same thing.

The RPI-Minn-D game that Dave refers to was actually the semi-final game.  It
went to 3 OTs!!!!!!!!!!!!  with RPI winning 6-5.  The championship was between
RPI and Providence with RPI winning 2-1 in regulation.

Eric

PS - I wonder how many previous games can be relived in one off season.  It
seems that the list is on track for a record.

PPS - How many more days to opening day?  I need a fix.

Eric Maiwald                             maiwald at dockmaster.ncsc.mil
Booz, Allen & Hamilton                Go, Go, Go, You, Red, Red, Red!!!
McLean, VA                                                      RPI '87