From:
"Robert H. Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert H. Gross
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1993 14:31:09 EST
Hi again -

I just spoke to the AD's office here at Dartmouth. They are aware of the
potential problem with the tennis balls but are not sure of the best way to
proceed. Options range from doing nothing to frisking everyone at the door
(probably illegal). Making an announcement before the game would not work
(IMO) with the people who are likely to have the mentality to throw tennis
balls on the ice.

It's a difficult problem and the event will probably transpire no matter what
is done at this point in time. Let me apologize to Princeton and to the rest
of the hockey community ahead of time. You should know that not everyone here
thinks this is a good idea and it certainly does not represent the majority
of the fans at Dartmouth.

Bob Gross

PS - If you have any suggestions, please pass them on to me. If here are some
good ones, I will make sure to pass them on to the AD.