From:
John Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1992 12:35:33 PST
    For what I believe is the first time, the San Jose (CA) Mercury
News, in the Jan. 20 edition, has published the latest ECAC and CCHA
college hockey standings, as well as the results from the weekend
games.  It got 5" of space next to the 28" of college basketball, but
given that we have no local Div I teams (unless Cal or Stanford apply
to the CCHA for membership ;-) it's not a bad start  Maybe they are
trying to compete with USA Today.  BTW, no reason was given for
slighting the WCHA and Independents.

John Hughes
Amdahl/Advanced Systems
Fremont CA, 94538