Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1993 01:08:20 EDT
Mike writes:

> If you ever get to see a roster for a Canadian university, most of the
> players tend to be in their mid-20s or even older.  The eligibility rules
> are nowhere near as strict as they are in the NC$$, and I believe most of
> the players are ones who either have no more NC$$ eligibility or don't have
> much of a chance of making it in the pros anymore, so they tend to be there
> primarily for school and they take advantage of the chance to play hockey
> at the same time.

I know of one clear case of this.  Approx. 15 years ago RPI had a very bright
player named Don Armstrong.  He was also a very solid player (might have worn
the "C" his senior year but I'm not certain).  He elected to continue
both his education and hockey career by playing at one of the Canadian univer-
sities while attending med school.  That must have been quite a juggling act....

Jon

--
Jon Greene
Data General Corp., Westboro, MA