From:
Karen A Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen A Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1993 15:35:03 -0400
Here is some info from my sister (a UMO grad) who was in Milwalkee and spent
some time with the players after the games:

* They mentioned Kariya not being drafted but not why. He wasn't 18 at draft
           time last year.
*Some guy noticed the Ferraros going to class Monday AM at 8:00. They weren't
    out with the team Saturday, and they don't drink so they wouldn't have been
    hung over.
* On the why people don't like Shawn Walsh- I think some of it comes from his
 early days of what could be called whining. He used to always complain and
 scream at the refs. He also used to pull "rule stuff". Like measuring sticks
 and making the BC players take off their too large CCM embloms on their pants.
 Also he is an ultimate salesman, and salesmen aren't always the most popular
 people. Maybe the NHL should hire him as their PR man.
*On whether Cal was pi*sed about not being on the HE All-Star team- We sat with
 his family at one of the Maine receptions and yes, he was very disappointed,
 but not as angry as his mother was. The whole family was thrilled with the
 All-American selection and it showed to them (and the rest of Maine) what a
 (to quote Kariya) farce the selection really was. To quote his mother- If
 people in his own league can't appreciate him, it's nice to see that the rest
 of the country does.

-Karen :)