From:
larry latour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1993 13:33:57 EDT
I'm sure there are and will be a number of posts congratulating
Maine on their effort, but hats off to a great LSSU  AND
Michigan effort.

I watched that second period again today, and LSSU's intensity
was the greatest sustained effort against Maine this year (perhaps
they were a bit used up to start the third).  Twelve of us were
sitting in front of the TV getting progressively more and more
depressed with the way LSSU was so physically dominating Maine.
Thank God we weren't the ones out on the ice.

Those who get a chance to see Garth Snow's "duel" with
(I think) Sean Tallaire right in front of the goal mouth
with less than a minute to play will be treated to the most
amazing series of moves I've ever seen.  I forgot to breath.

It was unfortunate that the game had to end after an icing
call as a result of a poor decision on the part of an LSSU
player.  And it was heart wrenching to see the frustration
in the LSSU players faces during the closing ceremony.

I thought on Friday that Michigan was the best team Maine had
played all year, but last night realized that the best two
teams in the country played for the title.

You're not the best unless you've played and beaten the best.

Larry Latour
Go Blue (Michigan AND Maine) AND Go Lakers