Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1993 10:48:08 EST
 A couple comments of the officials.  I must agree with Mike that on the whole
the officials are pretty fair.  One reason that RPI may seem to be overly
penalized is their style of play.  Over the past 15-20 years that I have
followed the ECAC, RPI has generally had a bigger, more physical team.  Playing
 this style of hockey will tend to promote more penalties from both teams.  The
success that the Engineers have had with these teams shows that it is possible
to play this style and win, but more penalties are to be expected.  As far as
this past weekends games, I would bet that if you asked a fan of the Elis or
Tigers, they would feel that either RPI deserved the penalties, or that their
team got the points INSPITE of some bad calls that went against them.  In the
it will all even out, and the good teams will rise above the "bad calls" and be
successful.  Just my opinion.  Don't hold me to closely to it if I complain
about a bad call against the Red, that is just the partisan in me coming out,
as is the nature of all fans.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'93?
Let's go RED!!!!