From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 10:55:25 -0600
Doug Martin writes:

>What's with the Minnesota "fans" chip-on-the-shoulder postings? Is the
>constant use of the term "cheesehead" meant in the best spirit?  Maybe
these >great, true gopher fans could concentrate on the exploits of their
COLLEGE >HOCKEY team and avoid all the other garbage.

I use the term "cheesehead," myself, but I think I do so in the best spirit.
Heck, some of my best friends (not to mention parents) are cheeseheads. :-)
Gopher fans are a bit excited now that the team is doing so well after
starting 0-5-1.  Since the Gophers took a fair amount of criticism here on
the list early in the season, I'm not too surprised that a bit of woofing is
going on now.

-- Erik
GO GOPHERS!
SKI-U-MAH!