From:
Robert MAYVILLE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert MAYVILLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 1994 09:23:05 CST
Shari Durdin commented that is was 'maddening' to find Cheeseheads with better
seats than season ticket holders at the recent Minn-Wis game.

From experience, I know that opposing fans at the old Mariucci received the
worst seats in the house.  Usually standing in the corners or sitting behing a
girder or two.  (A lot of rookie Gopher fans complained they had obstructed
views, also.)  At Wisconsin, opposing fans have seats behind their team's bench.
 These seats are better than at least 25% of the Wisconsin season ticket holder
seats.  I never thought much about it, figuring if the opposing fans were going
to make the effort to travel to the game, the least the home school can do is
let them actually SEE the game.

My question:  How do other schools treat opposing fans with respect to seating?

Bob Mayville
Madison, WI