Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1993 11:54:46 EST
Last night according to the local radio, RPI beat Colgate.  I do not remember
the exact score, but it was by 3 or 4 goals.  Also a couple thoughts on the Red
Union game.  For about two and a half periods the teams played a fairly even,
hard hitting game, with Cornell capitalizing on a couple more breaks to get a
4-1 lead.  Unfortunately, about this time, the Dutchmen started to let their
frustration get the best of them, and the extra cirricular hitting started.  At
first Cornell hit back on the cheap shots, leading to Unions 5 on 3 goal, but
as soon as the Red stopped retaliating, Union just kept sending guys to the sin
bin.  I do not know what set Union off, but it was unfortunate as they (and
Cornell) had played a very fast paced exciting game up to that point, and this
sort of put a dampper on the end of the game.  A couple of good signs for
Cornell is the intigration of the defensemen into the offense.  After sitting
on their heels for half the year, Cornell's D is starting to carry the puck up
ice much more and leading breakouts.  This is creating more 4 man rushes which
seem to create better shots.  Another good sign was 3 PP goals last night.  For
a team going in with a robost 12.5% (or so) PP efficiency, this was amazing.
Both of these factors are primarily due to the maturing of all the rookies.
The D looks more organized, and the goal scoring is coming around.  One other
observation, last night on the powerplay, one of the sets used was composed of
5 fowards, which is the first time I can remember seeing that at Lynah.  (FYI
the point men were Hughes and Vogel, two of our better defensive fowards.)
Any comments?

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'93?
Let's Go RED!!!!