From:
"Scott.Preadmore" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott.Preadmore
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1992 13:17:00 EST
I've been following Michigan State Hockey for 16 years now, but by far most
the most exciting game I attended was the first year I started going to the
games at MSU.  I believe that this game was for the WCHA championship and
the winner was going to recieve a berth in the NCAA tournament.  (I don't
think that the NC$$ was quite as bad back then).  Michigan State was hosting
the Golden Gophers in a 2 game/total goal series.  Game 1 ended in a tie.
Game 2 started out with Minnesota controlling the play.  The Gophers held
at least a 2 goal lead throughout most of the game.  The Spartans came back
to put the game within 1 goal with just over 5 minutes left.  With ONE
SECOND on the clock, MSU's Steve Colp managed to poke the puck past the
Gopher goaltender.  Colp was sliding on the ice face down with his stick
outstretched.  The goal sent the game into a triple overtime with Minnesota
scoring the winning goal late in the third overtime :(  I was only twelve
at the time, but that game will always remain a fond memory, even though
MSU lost.

Scott Preadmore
MSU Admin Information Services

GO STATE!