Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1992 08:03:01 PST
> 7.   Bruce Delventhal, 43, Union, fifth season.  Led Rochester to the Div-
>     ision III title in 1985.

That was RIT. Rochester (UofR) has a club team. Now I know how the BU folks
feel :)

This was Bruce's 1st year with the program - he inherited a team from Brian
Mason (who left for Dartmouth) that had lost in the NCAA semis the year before,
and had won the divison II championship the year before that.
RIT again lost in the semis under Delventhal in 1986, and then experienced 2
rough seasons, culmunating with Bruce leaving for Union in 1988. Let's just say
that both schools were happy about the move ;)

Buddy Powers returned the Tigers to winning form in 1989, taking what was a
13-15 team the year before under Delventhal all the way to the NCAA
Championship game (lost to Point). After that accomplishment, Buddy was
rewarded with the RPI job in 1990. All 3 RIT coaches from the 1980s wound up
with ECAC head coaching jobs. Of course, we wished that they would have stayed
here longer...well, two of them, anyway ;)

Chris Lerch