From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1992 09:35:30 EDT
Wayne gives us the Maine schedule (thanks!):

>tue/wed Dec 29-30 tba     @Cleveland Tournament     Cleveland, OH
>                          (BGSU, OSU, ND, Me)
                                       ^^

Notre Dame dropped out of the tournament after joining the CCHA. Ric Shafer
said he had no desire to play more CCHA teams and scheduled the Denver
Tournament instead.

I was told that Cornell replaced the Irish. When I asked about the pairings
last month, nobody knew. I would suspect that BG will play Cornell and
OSU will get Maine, but that is just my guess.

I have been asked about the history of the Cleveland Cup. This tournament
is being revived, last being played back in the 70s. My media guides are
at home, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Finally, did anyone notice the CCHA-oriented schedule for Maine? From my
calculations, Maine may be playing as many as *6* games vs. CCHA teams
this season. Wow. And only 3 regularly-scheduled games with ECAC teams.
It seems as though the Black Bears would rather play a Canadian team and
UNH out-of-conference than an independent or an ECAC foe.

Shawn is no dummy--he knows what it takes to get what he wants.

Keep those schedules coming.....

Keith