From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:11:06 -0500
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 06:01:14 -0800 Scott Biggar wrote:

> I agree, their road uni's are ugly and make them
> look like tootsie-rolls:-)  By the way, in case anyone cares, they are
> officially Burnt Umber in color, not brown:-)

You mean that someone actually uses that designation other than Crayola
crayons?  All these years I thought that Binney and Smith needed a clever name
for brown.

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:49:47 -0500 Chris Lerch wrote:

> Mike Kemp said that even though RIT was a
>  "fine team", the loss was "on paper, the low point in the history of
>  the UNO program."

What history?  This is a program playing its second year in D-1.  The folks in
Omaha need some perspective.  Forfeiting 11 games due to an ineligible player is
a low point.  Having a new head coach walk out before the season starts because
his predecessor handed out phantom scholarships is a low point.  A head coach
being suspended for one year for improper conduct is a low point.  A player
being permanently disabled after being on the ice for 11 seconds or a coach
dying suddenly in the middle of the season is a low point.  If this is UNO's
idea of a low point, they have nowhere to go but down.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller