From:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 08:21:35 -0400
Mike

Let' see if i can get this straight (jacket)....

Maine goes 2 - 0 & UNO next weekend.  For stats purposes, their record is
2 - 0 - 0 and all stats count..  But for purposes of the RPI and PWR,
they're at 000 until they play a non emerging program.

I originally was posting an arguement to count the games, but not all D1
clubs are playing emerging programs and the PWR and RPI could get skewed
because of this (Joe Shlobotnik could answer this).

So where is the incentive to play an emerging program?  It seems to me
you get a double whammy out of it.  a)  They count against your 34 game
limit and b) they DO NOT count on your PWR and RPI.  c) You could lose,
does not figure in because the games do not count....

If I was a coach of a top flite program (like Maine), I'd want my 34
games to count in my NCAA selection.  Figure a couple of easy ones for
confidence, and 4 or 6 hard ones that if we win get me NCAA PWR points.
So if UNO games do not count this season, why play, except as pad the
stats games or for a $$$ guarantee?

Joe

PS  Mike, How has Jason Wolfe (local kid) looked in practice?
Halpern for the Hobey!!!!

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]