From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 03:46:16 -0500
>count.  I also have a vague recollection that in parts of Ontario the top
>junior level used to be Junior B and that for some reason Junior A never
>developed.  Can anyone confirm this recollection and/or say if this is
>still true.  Here are some of the teams from the Colgate Roster if it
>helps:  St. Mary's Jr. "B", Leamington Jr. "B", Sarnia Jr. "B"

Basically, your recollection is correct. In Southwestern Ontario, there is no
Jr. A hockey. Jr. A hockey extends only as far west as Toronto and Hamilton.
Therefore, college-bound players from places west of Hamilton will play Jr. B.
The teams you mentioned are all in that situation.

Normally, you are right. A Jr. B player would not tend to go directly to Div.
I hockey.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards                    Minister of Chasing Wild Geese (DNRC)
[log in to unmask]       Web page temporarily not with us.