From:
"Robert H. Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert H. Gross
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:04:28 EST
--- You wrote:
Subject: Most goals in one game

I just read Chris Lerch's report on the RIT victory over Villanova and I
must admit that I had to look twice at the score...20 goals in one game?
Do any of you historians out there know of a situation where more goals
than that have been scored in a single game?  WOW!

Tami L. Kuhn
--- end of quoted material ---
Hi Tami and others.

In 1944 Dartmouth defeated Middlebury 30-0 (that's not a typo). This game set
all kinds of records. Believe it or not, Dartmouth had an especially strong
team at that time (ah... the good old old old days). Dartmouth was in the
middle of a 46 game undefeated streak which started in Dec 1941 and ended in
Jan 1946. In the Middlebury game, Dick Rondeau scored 12 goals and 11 assists
-- a 23 point night! I don't have any other statistics handy but there were
also a record number of hat tricks.

Bob Gross