From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 21:46:01 -0600
I got a giggle out of the slant of this article cdash posted:
>from today's gazette telegraph (without permission)

>Lucia and other sources said Minnesota had not lost its top-priority recruit
>to any other school in about 25 years, since the early 1970s or perhaps even
>the late '60s.
{snip}

>An excellent student, Petersen decided in recent months to graduate from
>high school a year early. He instantly became the top-rated college prospect
>in Minnesota, despite the fact that he didn't turn 17 until last October.

Maybe that's true.  But let's admit that Jefferson's Ben Clymer and Duluth
East's Dave Spehar, who had been considered two of the state's top
prospects this year, had already signed in the fall early signing period.
:-)

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
Ski-U-Mah!!!