From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:10:25 -0500
On Mar 18, 11:24pm, J. Michael Jackson wrote:
> Subject: NCAA Seedings
>
> My only counter-argument to this is that Lowell isn't the only team affected.
>  In addition to avoiding conference match-ups, I suspect that the committee
> was trying to reward Lake State and Western Michigan by sending them east.
>  Putting Lowell in Albany instead of either Clarkson or Cornell would damage
> this.  Any comments from Kalamazoo or the Soo about how folks feel about
> going east?
>
> J. Michael Jackson
>
>-- End of excerpt from J. Michael Jackson

As an LSSU fan, I'd like to see the Lakers play in East Lansing next weekend.
In fact, I planned on it.  And I'm sure the same is true for WMU fans.
But given all the arguments expressed here, I can see how the Lakers ended
up going east and I feel confident they'll do well.

I guess I don't understand how this all amounts to a "travesty" for Lowell.
True, many of their fans won't be able to attend but, as we've seen, that's
true for other teams as well.  I don't think it's any more difficult for
Lowell to travel west than it is for Providence, or for Lake State or
Western to travel east.  In fact, I'd wager Colorado College will travel
farther to get to the "west" regional than Lowell.  It appears that this is
more about an up-and-coming hockey program working hard to gain respect and
feeling snubbed by their "friends".  Been there, done that.  All you
can do is keep winning.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                NCAA Champs 88 92 94