From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 10:26:25 -0500
   I'm having a hard time reconciling my thoughts this morning. That's due
to the selection committee's choices this year. I feel betrayed and
cheated. Thoughts that dictate I never attend another college game seem
like justified behavior. Then again, I realize who would really lose on that
proposition ... me! I've cancelled my plans for Albany next weekend
about 5 times since I got the news last night. Each time, the voice of
reason states that "there'll still be some great hockey there!". I also
realize that Hockey East's "Pride" will be there. But, how really sweet it
would have been if Lowell had been there also! Well, no use crying over
it. No matter how hard I prayed that the "Travesty of '94 " would not be
repeated, it was all for nought!

   An uncanny coincidence is the fact that Lowell again goes west to
play Michigan State on their home ice. Hopefully, they'll beat them again.
A new second round opponent is slated to be Colorado, I was hoping for
a Minnesota game somewhere and I thought the likelyhood was pretty
good considering both Minn. and Lowell were thought to be heading
east. Providence does get to play Minnesota, though. I saw the Friars
friday and saturday night and I'll tell you, that team was fired up. Let's
hope they handle the long, long road trip as easily as Lowell did.

   If anyone has an update on the status of Lowell defenseman Chris
Libbett, I would appreciate it. He didn't play in Saturday's game vs. B.U.,
and neither did Mayes, but I know Mayes is out for the season. Lowell
can't afford to lose defenseman ... its the only position where depth does
not lead to experienced skaters.  Also, Donovan played a good game vs.
B.U. Its been a while since I've seen him take the body with any
regularity.

   Reasons to go to Albany besides supporting fellow Hockey-East team
Boston Univerisity. 1.) The oppurtunity to see LSSU. Hopefully twice, the
second game against the French Duo in Vermont. 2.) The tickets are
extremely reasonable and I've got free accomodations with a friend who
is now attending RPI. 3.) I've already arranged to have friday off. 4.) The
oppurtunity to wear my "LOWELL" jersey in protest.

   I know very little about WMU. They must be worth seeing though. I saw
Clarkson in RPI a few months ago but I was into appraising the RPI squad
that I really don't feel like I know Clarkson at all.

   Still undecided.

-Paul.