From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:24:09 -0500
On Mar 12,  8:51am, Ted Halm wrote:
> Subject: UIC to the WCHA
> Keep UIC in the CCHA.  For some of us, who are not as fortunate as
> others, we don't get to go to Joe Louis Arena (Detroit) too often.
> Chicago is our only taste of civilization during long winters.  We need
> the magnificent mile to remind us that the world is still there.  Some
> of us don't schedule our regular season "home" games in Detroit (or
> Pontiac), either.  Besides, the WCHA was too "prestigious" to take UIC
> when they were Chicago-Circle and looking for friends.  The CCHA has
> always been expansion-friendly, just ask UAF (we gave up our claim as a
> great bus league for them).
>-- End of excerpt from Ted Halm

This brings up a question I have.  I remember hearing that two main
reasons Northern Michigan and Michigan Tech left the CCHA were
travel considerations and the lack of adequate competition in the
CCHA.  Apparently neither of those reasons are valid anymore.  Of
course I didn't get this from any WCHA "official".  I'm just wondering
if anyone can confirm or deny this.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                NCAA Champs 88 92 94