From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 09:17:15 -0700
I guess the main question is then:  why don't the fans fill the stands,
period, if you are rooting for a team, you root whether the game might be
dull, boring, or a blowout.  I guess one factor for the demise of the
interleaving of HE and WHCA a while ago was attendance, I just don't
understand it.  Maybe it is saturation, but if I had a chance, I'd go to
everysingle game whether it was against the #1 or against the last team in
the nation.

Tony Buffa

PS;  In the long run, IMHO, the growth of college hockey into diff areas
of the country and also on TV and satellite will depend crucially on
interconference games.. So in the long run, I think the ADs should be
thinking non-conf, but they aren't ... maybe they don't think in the long
run :-)