From:
Aaron Lindman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Lindman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 23:15:19 -0600
well, tonite the gophers and sioux played another game full of goals and
cheap shots. we are not saying minnesota had bad calls because they went
both ways. the thing that bothers me the most is the class of UND fans.
throwing gophers on the ice was not a big deal, that is something that is
done whether we like it or not, but throwing newspaper, cups, pennies,
etc, that is just wrong. i don't want to hear it wasn't UND fans, because
i was sitting in the heart of the UND student section and it came from
all directions. I SAW UND students throwing the stuff. last
night also, it DID come from the UND student section and they were UND
students. We understand a sweep against #1 is great, but come on, what ever
happened to class? the worst thing that happened were five students
behind us that insisted on us following them outside for a fight. because
we wore our gopher maroon and gold in pride, they wanted to fight. we did
nothing to instigate this, it was brought upon by those behind us. if
that is what you consider class, UND has something to learn about class
and should go to any WCHA school and take some lessons. it was a great
game played by both teams. we am not complaining about minnesota's play,
our goaltending was not on tonite. in my opinion, the only gophers who
came to play were Rasmussen and Checco.

hey UND, get some class, this makes all fans look bad, not only the ones
who acted the way they did.

CC, look out, the Gophers are coming after ya!

                                    aaron,zowin,hubbs