From:
Matt Rein #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Rein #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 08:15:55 CST

> Are there very many other D1 hockey arenas/teams that serve liquor during
> the games?  It is not served (or allowed) in the seating/stands, and the
> there is no "seating" in the bar area; just standing (to mildly discourage

At the old Mariucci arena alcohol was not allowed.  Although you could get a
"Pass Out" between periods, run across the street to Station 19 or the Pub Down
Under or what ever they were calling it that week, put away a pitcher or two,
and get back in time for the start of the next period.

The way I understand it the UofM is dry and alcohol in not allowed
anywhere on campus.

In the new Mariucci they added "skybox" type seating.  I'm not sure how you get
up there but I think for a good donation in addition to the season ticket
price the Wooger will let you up there where alcohol is available.

--
- Matt Rein