From:
"Jeffrey S. Piek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey S. Piek
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 06:48:00 -0800
You wrote:

>A goalie from Maine named Kevin Deschambault went to the U of Miami
after
>playing quite successfully for the Jr. A Des Moines Buccaneers. Anyone
know
>what and how he's doing?

Kevin is still here at Miami.  Going into this season, he has recorded
623 saves in 34 games (3.61; .866)  His career record at Miami is
15-11-1.  You didn't hear much about him during the first three years
since he played back up to Rich Shulmistra, now at AHL Corwell his
first two years.  Last year we had high hopes, but he was not able to
keep his starting job when Chuck Thuss (IHL Los Angeles) bolted on the
scene in route to becoming an All-American, All-CCHA first team, and
CCHA Best Goaltender.

This year, he started out on the wrong foot.  He was suspended for
team rules violations untill the Michigan series.  He started the
second game, but was replaced by Eustace King for the third period.  No
one knows how well he will be or how much ice time he'll get if Prior,
our Sophmore starter improves.