From:
Midn Brian Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Midn Brian Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 00:52:24 -0500
Mike Machnik pointed out the mistake made by Mike Tuell and Jim Villandry
concerning penalties.  He mentioned that Tuell and Villandry stood firmly
by their decision to have the penalties offset each other and play 5 on
5.  I know the decision was wrong, but as one who played in many high
school games refereed by Mike Tuell, I can say that he always made quick,
firm decisions and stood by them, as any referee should.  He's the best
referee I have had for any game I played in.  In this case, though, the
officials should have seen their error and corrected it.  Another note:
I always thought the referee(s) at all levels had a pocket-size copy of
the official rules on hand for every game.  Is this not true?

Does anyone have any comments on how the officiating was for the
Merrimack/ Air Force game, besides the penalty mistake?

-Brian Sprague