From:
ALAN ROCKWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ALAN ROCKWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 1995 23:30:20 -0700
All you UAF hockey fans!  Wow Wow Wow.  We won good tonite, Saturday the
14th.  The first period was touch and go but we pulled out in the second
to a 7-2 lead.  The shift of the nite had to go to UAF's Gore -- in
killing a penalty he had two short-handed points, a goal and an assist;
on a breakaway he hit the post, the puk bounced out in front and was put
away by another UAF star!  After the next faceoff, Gore stole the puk in
the AFA end and scored an unassisted goal.  Tremendous.
I and about a dozen other Fairbanksans roared throughout the game.  We
had a good showing!  Even had a trumpeter!  The Alaska spirit lives as
several Fairbanksans eyed me from across the ice and came over to greet
me.  What a fun eve.
Candy (Anderson -- in UAF administration for 20+ years!) Rockwood, now
in Littleton.

p.s.  Fri eve was lost 3-4 in overtime.
Sat eve final score:  9-2.