From:
Avrom Litin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avrom Litin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 18:04:03 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]  (Laeh Litin)

Having only been to 5 of the CCHA rinks, I can only comment on the following
rinks:
the Pavilion(UIC), Munn Arena(MSU), Norris center (LSSU), Joyce Center (ND),
and WMU.

The Pavilion at UIC has good sight lines the higher up you are.  The penalty
box gets in the way of the lower seat viewing on that side of the rink.  The
rink is clean; food is easy to get to and not bad; seats have backs and
armrests which puts it at the top of my list.  Plus as a female trainer, I'm
always looking to see how easily a female trainer can take care of her team;
can they get on the bench without going through the lockerroom.

Munn Area at MSU has good food, a neat zamboni to watch and a decent view
behind the visitors bench.  I was there for the 1st round of the playoffs
last year and found most of the fans pretty frendly.  Only 1 or 2 were
obnoxious.

WMU gave me the same feeling as MSU, except that it seems older.

ND has made some improvements in the past 2 years, but it is still small
without desent seating.  On the plus side the lighting is brighter and they
painted the bathrooms.  However they have to stop the fans in the halls and
block traffic while the players go to and from the benchs and the
lockerrooms.  Also, the benches are so small that not all the players can
fit on the bench; 1 or 2 are practically in the hallway.  Choice of food is
very limited.

Norris center at LSSU, as has been said, is in the upper half of the CCHA
but seating is limited.  Hearing that ship's horn every time they score is
REALLY annoying.  Trainer note:  only way on the Ice is through the
lockerroom.  Facility is nice and clean, though.

Although I haven't been to OSU, the UIC players I worked with always said
that OSU's rink was small and dark compared to the other rinks.  Can anybody
confirm or deny?

P.S. Yes, I'm a little biased towrd UIC, having worked with their hockey
team for several years while I was a student trainer

Laeh Litin