From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 1994 05:08:03 -0400
Here I am not asleep yet again when I should be.  I went to
BU's Midnight Madness VI earlier tonight (11:00pm Sunday, to be
exact).  When I arrived there was a very long line to get into
Walter Brown Arena.  I got in after waiting in line about 20-25
minutes.  There seemed to be fewer students/fans this year than
last year, but I didn't count :-).  I would guess around 1800
fans were there for the event, along with the BU pep band.  At
midnight the team came out onto the ice to the cheers of the
fans.  The team skated around and warmed up a little and then
played a scrimmage, Red vs White (except goalies.  The 3
goalies rotated defending both nets).  White 'won' 2-1, then a
shootout was held (I have no idea which team 'won' the
shootout).  After the shootout the team did a few streching
exercises and saluted the band as the event came to an end at
1:00am.

It was great to see the team on the ice.  Only two more weeks
until a real game, even if it is only an exhibition.

On another note, the BU Alumni game may be a great one if the
NHL lockout continues beyond the 22nd.

Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East
Champions!