From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 05:27:21 -0500
T.C.A. Venkatesan wrote:

>2. Whatever the result of this situation, it seems to me that bad blood
>   has been created between Maine and HE. Perhaps, Maine should consider
>   moving out of HE to ECAC. May be as someone suggested, Maine and RPI
>   could switch places.

I think that original poster of this comment was saying this
facetiously, or at least this is how I interpreted it.  It is hard to
believe that Maine fits at all philosophically with the Ivies.  Can you
see them living with the 30-game schedule, etc?

On another, but related, topic.  I was in California last week, Palm
Springs to be exact.  Amazingly enough, they have the Prime network on
cable, and they showed the Maine-UNH game.  I was shocked to see Tardif
skating for Maine; having been away from Hockey-L for several days, I
did not know that he had registered for another course and now was
eligible.  My question is what is Maine's rule about adding courses
during a semester?  How many weeks into the semester was Maine at the
time that Tardif added this course?  I now realize that Tardif was
originally registered for this course and dropped it, but I would think
that there is some time after which courses cannot be added or dropped.

I also saw the half hour show that Prime produces on college hockey
(twice actually) and thought that it was well done, wish that I could
see it here in Washington.

Ralph Baer  RPI '68, '70, '74
(and for once saying "GO BU!")