From:
BOB STRONG <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BOB STRONG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1993 14:31:39 EST
     I haven't noticed anything on the net about Hockey East using
two referees per game.  One thing the change seems to have done,
in my opinion, is reduce grandstanding by the linesmen.  "Drop the
puck" cries are fewer, and the game progresses quicker.
     Also, in last Sunday's Dexter Classic championship game between
Maine and Brown, a friend with a stopwatch tells me that Maine went
45 seconds with too many men on the ice, including a few seconds with
TWO extra men, when the refs finally saw the transgression and
whistled it.